1. External lists: You can reach tens of thousands of extra potential customers by send your message out to an external list that you pay to send a message to. But it’s important to remember that you are shelling out money for this so your costs will go up. Therefore you need to be sure that what you send to a list you’ve paid for has already been proven to generate customers. A good way to search for lists is to type: “list broker” into Google.
2. External Websites: This is the same concept as external lists but with regard to websites. You might find for example a great website that gets tons of traffic but doesn’t actually keep a list of potential customers. If this is the case you could ask if you could buy space on the website to advertise your product or service.
3. Word of Mouth: Always ask your subscribers to tell their friends about your product or service. But remember that you shouldn’t let friends sign-up their friends themselves. Why not? Because this will only result in spam. Their friend will receive your email and not knowing why could mark it as spam. Not good. You should always encourage people to ask their friends to sign-up themselves.
4. Search Engine Optimisation: SEO refers to optimising the content of your website so that when people search for information in relation to your product or service, your site will appear in the search results.
5. Pay Per Click: This is where you pay for your advert to rank highly on Google and appear in the right hand search result box. Every time someone clicks on your ad, you pay a certain amount.